Short Pieces Of Advice For A Lasting Relationship
Despite relationships are not really easy, they are not supposed to be difficult as well.
These advise below are my expert experience from being in both good and bad relationships, and I’m here to share those lessons with you. If your relationship is not headed in the right direction, then I encourage you to read through these pieces of advice. Here is the best advice that I can give to anyone in a relationship or trying to start one.
1. Genuinely laugh often with your partner.
2. Spend quality time with no distractions.
This means no TV, computer and especially, no phones.
3. Go on spontaneous dates.
4. Tell your partner, “I appreciate you” and expound if they ask.
5. If you tell anyone the bad parts of your relationship, then also tell them the good.
But this doesn’t mean you should tell everyone about your relationship.
6. Love is a verb, not a noun.
7. Your partner is not the source of your happiness.
He/she just complements it.
8. Have a life outside of your relationship.
9. Admit when you’re wrong.
10. Don’t ever think you can change your partner.
11. Accept responsibility.
12. Don’t be interesting. Be interested.
Show interest in your partner.
13. Argue productively.
If there isn’t a solution or compromise, there are bigger problems.
14. Don’t belittle your partner.
15. Share chores/tasks/responsibilities.
16. Take into account their feelings.
About anything. What your partner says matters.
17. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need.
18. Openly communicate with your partner.
19. Never begin a sentence with “You,” but “I” instead to express your feelings, not your thoughts.
20. Don’t keep secrets from your partner. Including lying by omission.
21. Never assume.
22. Put in the effort you want put into the relationship by your partner.
In other words, work to make it work.